2009-07-01

THE BULLYING OF THE BLACK ATHLETE  

3 comments

Well folks, it's that time of year again. You know, the time of year where Hall of Famer and arguably one of the greatest football players of all time, Jim Brown comes out to criticize popular black athletes for "not doing enough". Everyone's quick to repeat the phrase, "To whom much is given, much is required.", but as time goes by, I'm beginning to see that this only applies to the black celebrities and athletes. Black and white people are quick to ask a black athlete or actor, "What are you doing to give back?", but it's mostly his black fans. I've always wondered, do they wanna know what he's doing for the community or them personally? The white people that ask black celebrities that question, would never ask the same of Lance Armstrong. "But Lance has a foundation.", you say. Well, so does Tiger Woods! What, his doesn't count?

Jim Brown is a guy that walked the walk, as well as talked the talk, so I totally understand and appreciate his position, but at the same time, Mr. Brown needs to respect the generation gap. Things are different now, and sometimes, an athlete can't do it the same way you did. Mr. Brown's outspokenness in the 60' and 70's were very important in the movement, but that doesn't diminish Mr. Woods giving free college educations to underprivileged kids, if the aim truly is to uplift the community. I think it's somewhat of a disservice to call people out if they don't live up to your idea of giving back. As for criticizing them for not being outspoken on social issues, not everyone can do that. Everyone does things in their own way. Some guys can walk away from a woman that's agitating them, and some men can't. Jim Brown should know this more than anyone else. It's not just Jim Brown that bothers me, but it's the subsequent fallout.

Being that Jim Brown has stated these critiques for the past 4 or 5 years, the E Militant types have joined the chorus. Alot of the people that echo Brown's sentiments, usually have no freaking clue as to what the hell they're talking about, they just want to secure a seat in the "Amen corner". I recall seeing a post from an E Militant type that wondered by black celebrities were on MTV's Cribs, when there were children in Africa starving. Really?! It seems that we're the only race that doesn't ask our famous people to do things, but demand it. Who the hell are we to demand anything?! Seriously, what makes us so damn special that we can demand stuff?! When someone outside of your circle demands that you do something, how do you respond? Well then, why should they react any differently? It's like we're trying to make our black athletes and celebrities feel guilty for all of their hard work.

What's wrong with Tiger, Jordan, and others having a foundation? Seriously, what's the freaking problem with it? When they make a personal appearance, you say, "They should've cut a check.". They cut a check, you say, "They could've taken time out to show up.", and when they do both, it's still not enough! Hell, what have you E Militants done for the community?! While you're bitching and moaning about what they don't do, y'all don't even take advantage of what they do offer! Let me ask you this: There are more than 100 famous black people with foundations and scholarship funds, how many of you have reached out to them for help or applied for the scholarships for yourself or your kids? Thought so, but yet he's not doing enough.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ THE BULLYING OF THE BLACK ATHLETE


  • November 20, 2015 at 1:22 AM  


    Dr Lawrence saved my marriage within 3days of contact,i contacted him in regards of my husband who left me for another woman i tried all the methods i know to get him back but to no avail then a good friend of mine Mrs maria introduce me to Dr .Lawrence who cast a powerful and wonderful spell that brought him back to me in just 3days i really want to use this medium to advice that for solution regarding any relationship issues drlawrencespelltemple@hotmail.com


  • July 9, 2016 at 8:14 PM  

    robinson.buckler@yahoo. com is a wonderful spell caster. Very trustworthy, My husband cheated on me for Almost for three years. he ignore me for several months and left me with nothing, but i am happy today that Robinson brought my husband back, I am so happy, Now my husband is all mine again. I can now say I'm happy again. Great spell from Robinson buckler, Robinson is genuine. I truly believe in him and his spells. he is a professional. I really enjoyed the result which i got, his love spell is marvelous, he is truly gifted, his love spell has brought me happiness, I am extremely pleased, it worked out to my test, he has the most powerful love spell, I recommend his love spell to anyone who is ready to get his or her lover back, contact Robinson buckler or call him +1-971-512-6745
    Ashely Kenneth
    California USA



  • April 25, 2017 at 11:11 AM  

    I AM BEATRICE from UNITED STATE, my man was cheating on me since last year with his co_worker, i was upset and confused on what to do, i tried my best to win his heart back but all effort was wasted until on 21 of this February when i came across a spiritual man called DR MACK, i saw a many post about his wonderful work and i contact him via his Email and explained to him and he asked for some information which i gave him and he told me that my heart desire will be granted just in 3 days, i was skeptical but i gave me the chance to help me, to my surprise my Boyfriend called me 5 time to tell that he is so sorry and that he wants me back and wants to marry me, everything happened like a dream but i am so happy that i have my boyfriend back and we are planning to get married soon, if you want to Ex back please don't hesitate to contact ( dr.mac@yahoo.com ;).....
    USA