2010-09-27

EDDIE LONG BRINGS MORE THAN JUST HIS SECRETS TO LIGHT.  

3 comments

Well, isn't it fascinating what comes out when a popular preacher gets caught with his hands in the booty, um...I meant cookie jar? Not only are we hearing about Mr. Long's proclivities, but we're also seeing his followers come out fighting a like a mama raccoon cut off from her babies. This is what happens when you worship the man talking about God, and not the God that man is talking about. Keep in mind, this is a man that made part of his name off rallying against and condemning gays to hell. Heck, he even held a march against gays, and now he's been accused of doing the very thing that he hates. Isn't that always the case?

His followers are telling us not be as quick to judge him, as they were at judging those gay people that they marched against. Ah, church people, those walking contradictions. They say that the Bible says "An eye for an eye." when something is done to them, but they want their victims to "turn the other cheek.". They're quick to judge those who don't attend their church, but when they or their pastor gets caught up, then it's "Judge ye not." or "He who is without sin...". When people say, "That's why I don't go to church.", y'all try to school them on going for the message and not the man, but won't admit that you drive an hour out of your way to go to that church because of the man, just so you can say, "I go to so and so's church.". I don't know how it is in other cities, but people in Atlanta treat their churches like designer labels.

Here's one of the things that separate us critics from the sheep. We realize that there's a possibility that these charges could be a pack of lies. They aren't ready to deal with the possibility that these charges could very well be true. When I saw him address his flock, and he mentioned that he wasn't "a perfect man" 3 times, I heard, "Okay y'all, some stuff is going to come out. I didn't do what they're saying I did, but I did do something.". I don't think that they are mentally prepared to deal with that something, whatever it may be. Also, far be it from me to tell you how to defend your bishop, but "Those boys were of legal age!" IS NOT the route I'd go.

I do have to wonder though, if these charges were brought against Glenn Beck or one of those idiots, would people like Warren Ballentine and Steve Harvey be willing to wait until "all of the facts are out"? Just like in the R. Kelly case, people are blaming the plaintiffs and not the predator. Also, calling an anti gay preacher out on his alleged hypocrisy and homosexual proclivities, IS NOT an "attack on religion and the body of Christ". Spare me the hyperbole. The surfacing of allegations not only forced us to ask questions of Eddie Long, but some of us in the black community need to also ask questions of ourselves.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ EDDIE LONG BRINGS MORE THAN JUST HIS SECRETS TO LIGHT.


  • January 19, 2017 at 10:16 PM  

    HOW I GET MY MAN BACK URGENTLY WITH OSHOGUMSPELLTEMPLE@LIVE.COM

    My Man come back after two years of Separation. We both love each other. we love to have kids together but his parent want another girl for him. Just two one ear after our marriage, things were really hard with us because he depends on his dad to earn money. Then he decide to live me for the another girl whom his parent choose for him. i search every where for him and i could not find him. Left the country and i was left alone with pregnancy and pain. i read different book on broken marriage and get ex back just to encourage my self and seeks help. i visit different site then a friend direct me to Dr oshogum with his email address OSHOGUMSPELLTEMPLE@LIVE.COM, than i contact him and tell him my problem and i did what he ask me to do after two days of doing what Dr oshogum said, my husband called me and ask of my location and ask of our baby. To the glory of Dr. oshogum my Husband is back my life and his parent suddenly love me, Get us a new apartment. It's now a happy family. all for the help of Dr. oshogum. My life now is like there was never a horrible past or pain. You should quickly contact OSHOGUM now for your marriage or relationship problem contact oshogum now with oshogumspelltemple@live.com And he also help different persons to solve all kind problems such as
    1) Love Spells
    2) Lost Love Spells
    3) Divorce Spells
    4) Marriage Spells
    5) Binding Spell.
    6) Breakup Spells
    7) Banish a past Lover
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
    9) want to satisfy your lover

    If you have any problem in life, simply contact him VIA email: oshogumspelltemple@live.com to get instant solutions to your problem
    contact oshogum now with oshogumspelltemple@live.com


  • April 11, 2017 at 9:58 AM  

    Am writing this article to thank Doctor Ehimen for the wondrous miracle that he did for me because he helped me recently to bring back my lovely husband that left me for his EX girlfriend for no reason for 4 years. Am Renea Holman From Belgium. After enough searching and surfing on the internet, I came across a post made by Valeria Diego from Mexico referring of how she was helped by Doctor Ehimen the spell caster. I also decided to contact the spell caster called Doctor Ehimen for help because i was desperate and i needed to get back my lovely Husband and happiness. I followed all his instructions and he promised and guaranteed me that my husband will get back to me within 12 to 16 hours after he has finished with the preparation of the spell. I hid to his words and am happy and i can proudly say today that i have my husband back with the help of Doctor Ehimen. Viewers reading my post that needs help can get in touch with him via Email: Doctorehimenspelltemple@hotmail.com, Doctorehimenspelltemple@gmail.com OR Website: http://www.doctorokpamenspells.com


  • May 22, 2017 at 11:27 AM  

    Effective powerful love spell to get your Ex Lover back now.
    Hi guys! I'm so excited of getting my boyfriend back after he left me for another girl.
    My boyfriend left me for another girl. I needed him back desperately because i loved him so much. I became very worried and needed help. as i was browsing through the internet, I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Unity can help get ex back fast and stop a divorce or breakup and so on , So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (return Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my boyfriend came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Today I'm so happy and i want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to his or her broken relationships and marriage. Simply contact the great "Dr.Unity" If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you., do not cry anymore-contact this powerful spell caster now. Thank you Dr Unity for saving my broken relationships and brought my boyfriend back to me!" email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,you can also visit his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .
    Maria,UK.